Bahrain scraps nuclear power plan
Manama, February 21, 2012
Bahrain has abandoned its plans to adopt nuclear power as an alternative power source, according to the country's Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza.
The Kingdom had been exploring nuclear energy as an alternative power source, but scrapped the idea following an explosion that crippled Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant last year, Dr Mirza told the Shura Council yesterday.
An earthquake and tsunami on March 11 caused the world’s worst nuclear crisis at Fukushima since 1985.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially