Cognizant to deliver IT solution for SEC
Riyadh, August 7, 2013
US-based Cognizant, an IT, consulting and business process outsourcing services provider, is set to develop a comprehensive billing and revenue management solution for the Saudi Electricity Company.
The solution, based on SAP Utilities enterprise software, will meet the functional, technical and operational requirements for SEC’s operations, said a statement.
It is also expected to enhance the agility, cost-effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s customer service operations, while providing a flexible technology foundation for it to improve services.
Cognizant will also leverage its consulting and programme management capabilities to enable SEC to address the transitional, communications, governance, and behavioural aspects of change management, said the statement.
"We appreciate the opportunity to support the long-term growth plans of SEC's customer service organisation," said Stephen Fernandes, assistant vice president and head of Middle East Operations at Cognizant.
"It is ever more important for utility companies to improve financial performance, enhance customer satisfaction, and transform service delivery. Customer care and billing provide high-impact opportunities to leverage new technologies and processes for boosting productivity, profitability, competitiveness, and customer loyalty," Fernandes added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'