Emke plans mall in Al Khor
Doha, November 8, 2007
Emke Group, in association with the late Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim al-Thani’s family, is building a QR500 million ($138 million) shopping mall at Al Khor, it was announced.
Sheikh Abdulla bin Ahmed Jassim al-Thani and former minister of economy and trade Sheikh Mohamed bin Ahmed Jassim al-Thani yesterday (November 7) jointly laid the foundation stone for the hypermarket, to be spread out over approximately 600,000 sq ft, a Gulf Times report said.
The mega mall work will be completed in about 18 months.
Emke Group managing director Yusuffali MA said the new shopping mall would have a parking space for over 800 cars.
This would be the fourth venture of Emke Group in
The third would be ready for commissioning either in March or April next year, he said.
The Al Khor complex would feature 90 to 100 retail outlets besides multiplexes, more than 15 food courts and amusement area for children.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices