Emke plans mall in Al Khor
Doha, November 8, 2007
Emke Group, in association with the late Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim al-Thani’s family, is building a QR500 million ($138 million) shopping mall at Al Khor, it was announced.
Sheikh Abdulla bin Ahmed Jassim al-Thani and former minister of economy and trade Sheikh Mohamed bin Ahmed Jassim al-Thani yesterday (November 7) jointly laid the foundation stone for the hypermarket, to be spread out over approximately 600,000 sq ft, a Gulf Times report said.
The mega mall work will be completed in about 18 months.
Emke Group managing director Yusuffali MA said the new shopping mall would have a parking space for over 800 cars.
This would be the fourth venture of Emke Group in
The third would be ready for commissioning either in March or April next year, he said.
The Al Khor complex would feature 90 to 100 retail outlets besides multiplexes, more than 15 food courts and amusement area for children.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model