Ramadan charity drive at MAF shopping malls
Dubai, August 31, 2008
Four popular UAE shopping malls in the Majid Al Futtaim portfolio will mark Ramadan by engaging the local community in a range of significant activities throughout the Holy Month.
In a charity campaign titled, “Make a Difference This Ramadan”, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, Sharjah City Centre and Ajman City Centre have joined hands with local charitable organisations such as the UAE Red Crescent Society, Al Ihsan Medical Complex and EnviroFone for generating donations of specific items.
The malls will be encouraging their visitors to donate used eyeglasses or sunglasses, clothes, mobile phones and books, which will then be distributed by the charity organisations to various needy people in the UAE and outside.
The malls will provide special collection boxes in their premises where visitors can drop these donations.
In a unique gesture, the malls will be thanking participating customers by giving them a “Special Offer” coupon that is related to the item they donate.
For example, a customer who donates a used mobile phone will receive a coupon offering a discount at any of the participating electronics retail outlet.
“This campaign was introduced at our four shopping malls in the UAE last year and we received an incredible response from visitors.'
'Ramadan holds a special significance for all in the region and it is a time to show compassion and help towards those in need,” said Fareed AbdelRahman, vice president – divisional asset manager for MAF Shopping Malls.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector