Samsung shows digital camera range at Gitex
Dubai, October 9, 2008
Samsung has introduced four new compact models of digital cameras including the NV100HD, NV9, and GX20 at the Gitex Technology Week 2008.
These four new digital cameras bring new technologies to the industry, said an official.
The flagship of the new line up, the NV100HD, excels with a sleek body design and features 14.7 megapixels - so far highest resolution in compact camera - 28 mm wide angle lens, 3” hVGA LCD, and HD connectivity.
Another feature is the innovative touch panel user interface, Smart Touch 2.0 for an intuitive as well as quick field adjustment. Samsung Camera also introduced Perfect Portrait System, a set of face detection functions for an impressive portrait capturing without failure.
“Samsung Camera's award-winning NV Digital Camera range has set the benchmark for quality and innovation. We are thrilled to take the range even further with the launch of the NV100 and NV9,” said BJ Kim, general manager, Audio Visual division, Samsung Gulf Electronics.
“Moreover, with the introduction of the GX-20, we have further enriched our digital camera range so photographers of all levels will now be able to create high-quality video recordings at the touch of a button,” added Kim.
The NV9 is an ultra compact, 10.2 megapixel digital camera featuring a large 2.7 inch LCD, internal 5x optical zoom and Dual Image Stabilisation. The NV9 offers a variety of latest multimedia gadgets like personal media player, MP3 and text viewer for perfect entertainment.
The Samsung GX-20, a DSLR camera, is equipped with the best 14.6 Mega pixel CMOS of its kind that produces excellent images with better clarity, and greater enjoyment when shooting, an Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) with shaking image sensor method, a de-dusting function, and various image correction functions which enable emotive images to be captured and saved.
The GX-20 is an intermediate level of DSLR camera, and may satisfy families, amateur photographers, and even professionals.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet