Designer jewels to dazzle Diwali shoppers
Dubai, October 12, 2008
With festival of lights 'Diwali' just round the corner, Dubai’s Gold Souk and jewellery shops have already started stacking the most enchanting and coveted gold pieces to delight customers.
Designers have brought to life some of the most inspiring pieces which celebrate feminine elegance and chic style.
Jewellery shoppers are spoilt for choice this season as a spectacular range of necklaces, earrings, pendants, finger rings and bracelets in rich hues of gold are made available to them, according to a World Gold Council (WGC) official.
'Some of the gold jewels created especially for Diwali were exclusively handcrafted bestowing an eternal value to gold and highlighting the emotions attached to the holy event,' said Lama Al Saheb, PR manager of WGC.
Traditional jewels such as ‘ganesh chaturthi’, ‘shakti ganesh’, ‘shiv’, ‘venkateswara’ or ‘diksha’ pendants and earrings studded with ‘rudraksh’ stone are weaving a magical spell by highlighting the beauty of the yellow metal.
Created to show one’s warmth towards one’s loved ones, these items are produced by using 24 carat gold plated foils with the religious images. Others bring about a beautiful fusion of modern and traditional designs, which adds to the delicate charm and innate strength of the modern Indian woman, Lama noted.
Keeping in view of the ever-changing tastes of jewellery lovers across the region, jewellery houses showcase gold pieces that capture contemporary trends expressed in the most luxurious designs.
'Indian women enjoy wearing gold jewellery on Diwali as it enhances their femininity and adds a dash of glamour to their outfits during the festive occasion. Gold jewellery designs available in the marketplace today also express cultural identity and shared religious beliefs,' she remarked.
Any unique gold piece this Diwali can lighten up the mood with its striking effect. Any unique gold piece this Diwali can lighten up the mood with its striking effect; either as a gift to your loved one expressing your innermost feelings or to command grace amongst friends by wearing a sophisticated gold piece. “
The markets are also full of traditional Indian jewellery with paisley and floral patterns, accentuated by mythical bird designs with a contemporary twist, carved painstakingly in great detail. These bewitching masterpieces offer stylish inspirations to those women who seek a unique expression of themselves.
The new range of unique and innovative jewels launched to mark the forthcoming Diwali celebrations transforms these creations into a soulful expression of their wearer’s emotions.
Thus go further and extend your Diwali wishes with an alluring gold accessory that carries an impeccable value in terms of design and craftsmanship. Those who have a religious inclination can also buy Laxmi gold coins for good luck and prosperity throughout the year.
'Available in different weights in 22K and 24K, these gold coins also make a perfect addition to your Laxmi Pooja or as a gift for the festival season,' she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia