Westcon ties up with Sonicwall
Dubai, January 6, 2009
WestconME, a leading value-added distributor of security, convergence and mobility products and solutions for leading technology vendors, has signed a strategic distribution agreement with Sonicwall, a leading provider of data protection and security solutions.
Under the agreement, WestconME will distribute and promote Sonicwall’s portfolio of network security solutions - including Network Security Appliances (NSA), SSL VPN solutions, and email security offerings across MEA, according to an official spokesman.
WestconME will work closely with Sonicwall’s sales, technical support and partner development teams to provide a high level of pre- and post-sales support, as well as technical support delivered by certified professionals.
WestconME will also assist SonicWALL in strengthening and expanding its small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) channel’s coverage across the same regions.
“The Middle East and Africa’s IT channel has been searching for a cost-effective means to remotely manage, maintain and support the evolving IT security and networking needs of the SMB market,” said sales and marketing director for WestconME Venu Menon.
“We evaluated a number of vendors targeted at the SMB space and it was not hard to see the excellent functionality offered within the SonicWALL platform. We are excited to work with SonicWALL and incorporate their technology into our complementary portfolio of network integrated products. We believe that SonicWALL can significantly benefit from Westcon ME’s impressive track record and expertise in distribution of high quality security, convergence and mobility products.”
“The relationship with Westcon ME is a very strategic one for us and has happened at the right growth stage of our business in MEA,” said Sonicwall’s regional sales manager for MEA Shahnawaz Sheikh.
“We are confident that Westcon ME’s strong regional presence and security distribution experience in the region - offering multiple sales/support offices and logistic facilities staffed with qualified professionals - will be a key player in our successful expansion efforts.”
Westcon Group is the leading specialty distributor in networking, security, mobility and convergence for leading technology vendors, including Avaya, Cisco, Juniper, Motorola and Nortel.
Sonicwall has recently announced the expansion of its family of high-performance network security appliances with the release of the Sonicwall Network Security Appliance (NSA) 240, the next generation of Unified Threat Management (UTM).
The new appliances are designed specifically to address the challenges of application management and bandwidth growth by enabling network and security administrators to monitor and control network traffic without compromising performance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector