Fujairah-MAF JV to build new City Centre mall
Fujairah, January 12, 2009
The Government of Fujairah and the Majid Al Futtaim Group have announced the signing of a joint venture to build a City Centre mall and Retail Park in Fujairah.
The development, which is due to open in 2011, shall facilitate the shopping needs of local residents and is expected to attract visitors from other emirates as well, statement said.
The total cost of the project has not been revealed.
Majid Al Futtaim Group, a leading retail and leisure facilities provider, was selected as the partner of choice by the government-owned Fujairah Investment Establishment (FIE) for the project, said a statement.
The two groups will work together to develop the new City Centre shopping mall, it said.
Mohamad Saeed Al Dhanhani, Emiri Court director, said: “We chose Majid Al Futtaim Group because of its track record in creating retail and leisure destinations that understand customers and become part of everyday life. Their reputation for delivering the highest standards of quality and excellence makes them the perfect partner to build our shopping centre.”
Commenting on the announcement, Stefan Kirsten, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Group, said: “Everyone at MAF is thrilled to have been chosen for this exciting project. It means we can use all our experience and energy to provide a whole range of shopping products, facilitating the requirements of the people in Fujairah, in our home market of the UAE.” –TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store