Retailcorp opens new sports stores
Dubai, March 16, 2010
Retailcorp World, the retail division of Dubai World, continued its expansion in the UAE with the official launch of two new sports stores - Go Sport and Nike - at the Mirdif City Centre.
The opening of these stores confirms Retailcorp World’s leading position in the UAE sports retail sector, said Abdul Wahid Al Ulama, Retailcorp World executive vice chairman after opening the new outlets on Tuesday.
Go Sport is a top French sports retailer, featuring an A to Z of sporting goods under one roof. Retailcorp World already runs the franchises for two Go Sport stores in Dubai (Ibn Battuta and Mall of the Emirates), and the new flagship store at Mirdif City Centre is the biggest in the UAE, covering 2,200 sq feet, he remarked.
In a move away from traditional sports retailing, which places product by brand, the new outlet features a new layout incorporating apparel, equipment and sports fashion by category, and will include “Go Football”, “Go Run” and “Go Swim”.
'In addition, for the first time, Go Sport will introduce a brand new female-only section, “Miss Go”, which will feature the largest range of sports fashion and equipment for women in the region. Miss Go will also have a different look and feel to the rest of the store, with female assistants and separate changing rooms,' Al Ulama noted.
On the new Nike outlet, Al Ulama said the new flagship store is the fifth in the UAE, and will be the biggest in the Middle East. With a strong emphasis on football and running, it will offer the largest selection of the Nike Exclusives range in the region.
“Retailcorp World is already a leading player in the sports retail sector in the region, and the new stores form an integral part of our expansion strategy. Given Go Sport and Nike’s strong track record here, we are confident that the new stores will be a great success,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices