Hamleys opens 2nd store in Dubai
Dubai, March 17, 2010
Hamleys, the world-famous toy retailer, has opened its second store in Dubai at the Mirdif City Centre.
Eight school children from Dubai, winners from a nationwide drawing competition to “draw your favourite toy”, were invited, along with their classmates to participate in the opening parade.
Winners received a Dh500 ($136) gift voucher to spend within the store as well as had their drawings enlarged and framed as a permanent feature within the store.
A replica of a red double-decker London bus was unveiled as children explored the 22,000 sq ft store which features a chrome race track where kids can test the latest remote control cars, a Girls World Doll house and a Disney cinema, as well as all their favourite toys.
The new store also features a Hamleys Party Room, which offers customized birthday parties complete with a play area featuring a bouncy castle and bicycle track.
"Retail Arabia International is thrilled to open a new Hamleys store at the Mirdif City Centre which will serve a large local and expatriate community,” said Nabil Daud, managing director and CEO of Retail Arabia International, partner of Hamleys in the Middle East.
“Children are the focus of our business, we listen to and learn from their comments, for that reason, we have involved as many local and international schools as possible into the opening of Hamleys at Mirdif City Centre,” Daud added.
Hamleys’ inaugural store in Dubai is located at the Dubai Mall. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles