Marks & Spencer to open stores in Cairo
Cairo, August 23, 2010
Marks & Spencer will open its first store in Egypt at the Dandy Mega Mall, a popular shopping destination in the nation’s capital Cairo.
The new store, measuring 2600 sq m, will offer a selection of family fashion, beauty and home products. Under an existing franchise agreement with Al Futtaim Group, the store opens doors to Egyptian customers within the next 12 months.
Following on from this opening, Marks & Spencer will open its flagship store in Cairo Festival City in the spring of 2012. Occupying a prominent position within the Cairo Festival City shopping mall, the new store will trade from 4,400 sq m over two floors.
Festival City is located just 15 minutes away from Cairo’s International Airport and is a three million square metre development offering a mix of retail, entertainment and luxury facilities.
The new stores will showcase an extensive range of fashions and accessories across womenswear, including the popular Autograph and Indigo Collection ranges. The stores will also offer a wide range of menswear, childrenswear, lingerie and homeware.
Jon Knight, Marks & Spencer international area manager, said: “We’re delighted to be entering into the Egyptian market later this year. Our franchise partner Al Futtaim group already have a number of stores in the region and we are really pleased to have secured such great shopping locations for these new stores.”
Philip Evans, director commercial and retail leasing, AFGRE, said: “Marks & Spencer is an iconic brand in the UK that is known for its service, innovation, excellent quality and value. It is exciting to see the brand expanding into Egypt and we’re really pleased that the Marks & Spencer flagship store is to be located at Cairo Festival City. The new store will be a welcome addition to our retail mix and ensures a great shopping experience for all our visitors.”
Bob Willett, CEO, Al-Futtaim Group, said: “The new Marks & Spencer stores will offer local shoppers in Egypt a wide range of good quality, great value products. Our customers will be able to choose from wardrobe and homeware essentials, as well as the latest fashion trends, making our aspiration accessible to all.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector