Lexmark invites firms to build AIO apps
Dubai, December 6, 2010
Lexmark International, a leading provider of printing and imaging products and solutions, is calling on third-party developers to expand its offering of all-in-one (AIO) printer-based applications for small and medium businesses (SMBs).
Lexmark said the SmartSolutions were increasingly popular among business users looking to save time and money and asked them to publish these offerings on its SmartSolutions Center, for users to download to their Lexmark AIOs.
Registration now opens to use Lexmark's SmartSolutions Software Development Kit (SDK) to design Adobe Flash-based business solutions, said a senior official on Sunday.
"Last year, Lexmark introduced three AIOs that let small business customers take their devices way beyond printing by enabling them to download and customize cloud-based and other applications, which we call SmartSolutions, that save them time and money," said Mohammed Addarrat, general manager Lexmark International Middle East.
By opening its SDK, Lexmark is now soliciting developers who have a strong background in developing Web applications using Adobe Flash technology, the official said.
“With this, we can build and provide a more dynamic and robust library of SmartSolutions to enable customers to better manage the constant flow and mix of hardcopy and digital content that co-exists in today’s modern office,” explained Addarrat.
"Additionally, Lexmark today is announcing the newest SmartSolution, Google Analytics, which analyzes and reports on Web traffic right from the AIO. Google Analytics will be available for download early next month," he added.
Other current SmartSolutions include applications that range from one touch solutions such as scan to e-mail and eco-copy, to Google Calendar, Stamps.com shipping, Twitter, Evernote, TripIt, Scan to Box.net and Facebook.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait