Viva launches 1st Windows Phone 7 in Bahrain
Manama, January 13, 2011
Viva has inked a long term partnership with Microsoft, making it the first operator in Bahrain to launch the much awaited Windows Phone 7 operating system in the market.
The launch of the Windows 7 mobile is the first step of the partnership that will unveil a number of products and services to the customers.
Powered by Windows Phone 7 Operating System, the HTC HD7 offers rich mobile multimedia features like the large 4.3” touch display that not only gives an extra-large virtual keyboard, but also allows users to enjoy their favourite videos and movies in cinematic style. It's also powered by a Qualcomm 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience.
The HTC HD7 delivers GPS functionality with access to turn-by-turn navigation from TeleNav GPS Navigator, 8 or 16 GB of internal memory, a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash, and HD 720p video recording. Other features include Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, and a 1230 mAh battery for extended use while on the go.
Enabled for Viva's high-speed 3G network, the HTC HD7 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience.
“We are delighted to be the first operator in Bahrain to deliver the Windows Mobile 7 operating system that utilises the innovations of Microsoft to increase business communications capabilities and maximise the entertainment experience of smartphones,” said Andrew Hanna, chief commercial officer of Viva.
The Windows Phone 7 operating system has been carefully crafted to help users get more done in fewer steps with a unique Hub and Tile interface. Instead of the common icon displays on the screen, Windows Phone 7 uses Live Tiles, which allow one to find out what's going on, what's happening next, and what one has missed without having to open an application.
Windows Phone 7 also integrates with many popular Microsoft services such as Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, Bing, and Zune.
In addition to Internet Explorer Mobile 8 for full HTML Web browsing, the HTC HD7 also includes fully integrated Microsoft Exchange e-mail and calendar as well as the Microsoft Office Hub, which offers mobile versions of popular productivity programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote, and SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
The launch of the HTC HD7 is the first step in the partnership between VIVA and Microsoft which will bring better compatibility and connectivity to their workspace as well as all the aspects of social media and gaming. The partnership will also bring forth further Windows Phone 7 powered devices to the market.
The device, priced at BD99, will be packaged with a free data bundle of 2GB for a period of two years. The device will be available with the Postpaid BD20 and BD30 packages.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store