Nokia offers 3 new ‘affordable’ phones
Singapore, June 22, 2011
Nokia has added to its device portfolio with the launch of three new affordable phones – the Nokia C2-02, Nokia C2-03 and Nokia C2-06.
“These phones all offer a Web, maps and messaging experience second to none in the market,” said Mary McDowell, head of Nokia’s Mobile Phones business unit.
“And with the choice of a touch screen or a keypad, we really have made everything available and easy to use in an affordable phone that comes in both Dual or single SIM options.”
The Nokia C2-03, the third dual SIM phone Nokia has brought to market in the past month, comes with features that allow the user to personalize up to five SIM cards with a dedicated look and feel, and an Easy Swap option that lets users change SIM cards in seconds without having to turn off the phone or remove the battery.
The Nokia C2-02 is a single SIM version with a similar feature set, as well as push messaging options and a broad range of IM providers included, and the Nokia C2-06 comes in a range of fresh colors with a clean, smooth finish.
The phones all ship with new Nokia Maps for Series 40, where local maps and places of interest are pre-installed on the phone. This means users can view maps and plan routes when the phone is in offline mode, thus saving on the costs of downloading maps over the mobile network.
All three phones also deliver the Internet through the data compression technology of the Nokia browser, which loads with a localized start page, giving the user instant access to the most relevant content, and is tabbed to give easy access to favorite or previously viewed information.
“We want the web to be easy to access, fast and affordable for all,” said McDowell.
“The technology behind the Nokia Browser means that consumers, especially those new to the mobile internet, can get the information they need quickly, as the Nokia Browser serves up relevant local content – making the whole experience more personal and enjoyable.”
The three phones also pack a stereo FM radio, media player and memory support that can be expanded to 32 GB.
The estimated retail price of the Nokia C2-02 and C2-03 is approximately $105 and for the Nokia C2-06 it is $112. All of the devices are expected to hit the market in the third quarter of 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector