‘Amazing Thailand Grand Sale’ dates set
Dubai, February 1, 2012
The ‘Amazing Thailand Grand Sale 2012’ will be held from June 15 to August 15 and will include family entertainment, competitions, and beauty and medical treatments, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said.
The 2012 grand sale will feature Thailand’s largest collection of travel packages, family entertainment, competitions and the most amazing bargains across retail, dinning, leisure and hospitality as well as health, beauty and medical treatments, the statement said.
To promote the summer promotions to visitors from the Middle East, a special seminar sponsored by the Tourism Authority was held at the Dubai Dusit Thani Hotel recently.
It was hosted by Chalotorn Phaovibul, consul-general of Thailand to Dubai. “Thailand is a year-round destination for families, couples and groups from the Middle East. This year’s ‘Amazing Thailand Grand Sale’ will provide even more attractions for residents of the Middle East and a reason to travel to Thailand at this time.”
The sale will be held in Thailand’s leading tourism cities and provinces of Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai in the north and the southern tourist destinations of Koh Samui, Phuket and Hat Yai, the statement said.
More than 10,000 companies will offer attractive discounts to attract tourists from across the world. Participating outlets of the festival will include Thailand’s leading shopping malls, wholesale outlets as well as some of its most famous ‘Shopping, Dinning and Walking Streets’ providing visitors with an overall Thai festival experience.
“This year we have two of Thailand’s most famous shopping malls participating; Central World and Siam Paragon as well as MBK – and the famous Chatuchak market, better known as the JJ Market with more than 5,000 stores,” Phaovibul said.
The sale will also provide a show-case for new stores and shopping malls including Central Plaza Rama 9, a seven-story shopping plaza; and Terminal 21, a nine-floor shopping complex designed to transport shoppers to some of the most famous shopping cities in the world.
The focus of the event is to highlight famous local Thai brands including fashion clothing, leather, jewelry, home-ware, souvenirs and Thai designer products as well as shopping and dining streets and night entertainment, the statement said.
Also participating in the event will be a cross section of Thailand’s hotels including local and international brands from boutique and beach hotels to luxury resorts and villas, it said.
Throughout the festival, tourists from the Middle East will be be able to win attractive prizes including ‘Miracle 30 Days in Thailand’ where the winner receives the chance to stay in Thailand for up to 30 days.
For every Baht500 ($16.11) spent, each shopper will receive a coupon to enter the prize draw which includes a return ticket from the country of origin plus return domestic tickets for every route offered, it said.
The winner and a companion will also be able to enjoy five-star accomodation with complimentary meals, free admission to all attractions, a private guide and escourt as well as as training courses on the ‘Thai way of life and culture’. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store