Bruce Lee’ signature fragrances launched
Dubai, February 21, 2012
Shannon Lee, daughter of legend Bruce Lee along with French company, Chkoudra Paris and the local partner Shaikh Mohd. Saeed Establishment, launched Signature Bruce Lee fragrances in Dubai.
The fragrances are targeted at men and will be manufactured in France to be distributed in many countries.
Chkoudra Paris, which specialises in prestigious brands and licences, has partnered with Bruce Lee Enterprises to create the first perfume collection under the Bruce Lee brand.
Speaking at the launch, Lee said, "I am delighted to be associated with Chkoudra Paris and launch our product across other regions. Globally we will be announcing several new initiatives, events and plans for 2012 to keep the powerful legacy of my father, Bruce Lee alive.”
Targeted at the male audience, the brand has currently three fragrances: ‘Be Water’, ‘Don’t Think, Feel’, and ‘Anger Blinds’.
"The main values for the perfumes are derived from Bruce Lee’s real life personality. The product will be competitively priced to reach out to the masses, especially people who actively practice sport, quality conscious connoisseurs and fans of Bruce Lee," she added.
Lee is the highly active CEO of Bruce Lee Enterprises seeking to preserve, perpetuate and educate people about Bruce Lee’s life example, philosophies and Jeet Kune Do, a martial art and life philosophy founded by the legendary martial artist.
Bruce Lee was named as one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Important People of the Century as one of the greatest heroes and icons.
Mahmoud Chkaoudara, CEO of Chkoudra Paris, said, "We are honored to have established a relationship with Bruce Lee Enterprises and are looking forward to spread the signature Bruce Lee fragrances across the globe."
"‘Some people are born strong’, is the idea behind the new Bruce Lee fragrances. The fragrance ‘Don’t think, Feel’ is designed for self confident men full of inner strength. This is a sentimental fragrance that emphasizes originality and style."
"The second fragrance ‘Be Water’ is created for men who want to differentiate themselves by being calm and reactive like an echo. This perfume is a dedication for men wanting to be remembered as charismatic, stylish and elegant," he explained.
The third fragrance ‘Anger Blinds’ is a unique perfume that is aimed at the trendy and sensual audience, he added.
Shaikh Mohd Ali Saeed, CEO of the Shaikh Mohd Saeed Establishment said as per a recent study the Middle East fragrance market, currently valued at $3.5 billion, will be one of the fastest growing segments of the industry worldwide in the next five years.
“In addition to increased demand for generic fragrances, we believe that celebrity perfumes will set the pace for rapid market expansion. Men’s perfume category is projected to grow at a rapid pace, underpinning today’s male’s desire to both look and smell good," he remarked.
“With a mixture of both traditional Arabian perfumes and well known international brands, the Middle East Fragrance industry is at a significant point in its growth trajectory," observed Satish Chandwani, head of Sales, Shaikh Mohd Saeed Establishment.
"We have seen the market grow over the years and we strongly believe that the Bruce Lee Fragrances brand will be a big hit amongst the male audience," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait