Natalie Glebova with Mouawad
Mouawad displays $6.8m watch at Doha show
Doha, February 22, 2012
A diamond watch worth $6.8 million has made its global debut at the Doha Jewellery and Watch Exhibition (DJWE), currently under way in the Qatari capital.
Mouawad, the legendary jewellery and watchmaker with 121 years of history, has chosen Qatar as the location for the very first unveiling of its latest one-of-a-kind creation, the Snow White Princess Diamond Watch.
The watch will be on display at the Mouawad booth throughout the show, which runs until February 26.
Seen for the first time anywhere in the world, the diamond-studded wristwatch is crafted from 18K white gold and meticulously layered with 233 colourless diamonds of varying sizes. It has a total of 106.93 carats, a statement said.
“Mouawad is renowned for creating one-off items that use only the world’s finest gemstones and precious metals. The Snow White Princess Diamond Watch is a unique timepiece that combines our passion for the highest quality gemstones with the 121 years of experience in design and craftsmanship,” said Pascal Mouawad, co-guardian of Mouawad.
Visitors of the exhibition were also dazzled by the presence of Natalie Glebova, an international model and former Miss Universe at the Mouawad booth, wearing some of the jeweller’s statement Haute Joaillerie pieces.
Mouawad is exhibiting a hand-picked and extensive selection of its pieces, from its Boutique Collections Lava, Rosette and Flower of Eternity, to the one-of-a-kind and exquisite Haute Joaillerie sets that have helped build the Mouawad name over generations. Handcrafted with the finest and most unique diamonds and coloured gemstones, these exquisite, timeless sets have been seen on major celebrities and royalty from around the globe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store