Motorola unveils new smartphone
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Motorola Mobility has announced the launch of its new Defy+ model in the UAE that boasts of a comprehensive range of entertainment and enterprise functionalities.
The faster, smarter and richer Motorola Defy+ is now available at selected major phone retailers in the UAE, said the mobile giant in a statement.
The new model is equipped with speedier web-browsing and the social networking tools that will help customers stay connected wherever they go, it added.
'With smartphones firmly established as essential, multi-purposing digital hubs, the ME consumers are looking for a handset that's not only capable of delivering a wide range of entertainment and enterprise functionalities, but also can effectively withstand every-day wear and tear,” said Raed Hafez, managing director for Motorola Mobility, MEA.
Building on the Motorola Defy’s life proof qualities, the new model offers exceptional protection from 'whatever life throws your way with its water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof design.'
“Motorola DEFY+ takes its predecessor to the next level with better software, faster processing speed and more entertainment options, delivering the endurance and design strength needed to keep up with even the most demanding lifestyles,” he noted.
In addition, Defy+ has a 1GHz processor that runs 25 per cent faster and is more fun with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) delivering a smarter operating system and better battery life to fully enjoy your experiences, he said.
'Water resistant, dust proof, and featuring scratch resistant Corning Gorilla glass, Defy+ can survive a sudden rain shower, a day on the beach, an all-night party – or even a tough workout with the pre-loaded CardioTrainer application, which transforms the device into perfect running mate,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs