Acer unveils 'thinnest' ultrabook
Dubai, May 14, 2012
Acer, a leading manufacturer of computer products, said it has launched the world's thinnest Ultrabook, Aspire S5, which measures only 15 mm at the maximal point and weighs less than 1.35 kg.
Built with a 13.3-inch LCD, the ultra-slim device boasts of key features including an ultra-fluid form with a hidden I/O panel.
The new product has Acer Green Instant On technology for fast boot and resume, and Always Connect, which lets users manage their multimedia and data on all their devices at anytime, anywhere - even from sleep, said a top official.
'The Ultrabook is much more than just a product segment,' remarked Jim Wong, president of Acer.
'It's a new trend that will become the mainstream for mobile PCs, and customers will see the unique features gradually extended across Acer's notebook family,' he stated.
'Innovative Acer Green Instant On and Always Connect technologies enable data upload and retrieval anytime, anywhere, and deliver power-saving features as well,' he remarked.
'Acer Green Instant On provides instant-resume functionality (in 1.5 seconds) and ensures battery life that lasts several weeks,' said Wong.
'The Always Connect gets users online faster than conventional connections for better productivity and infotainment enjoyment. With their Facebook, Twitter and Outlook email accounts open, users can see updates instantly upon resuming.'
'Furthermore, Acer Always Connect can wake up the Aspire S5 from a remote device like a smartphone. Access to all documents, music, pictures and video files is fast and always available,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector