Sony unveils VAIO ultrabook in Doha
Doha, June 28, 2012
Sony, the leading consumer electronics brand, has unveiled its thin, light and portable VAIO T-series Ultrabook at Fifty One East’s outlets of major IT retailer Darwish Technology in Doha.
The VAIO Ultrabook, styled in tough magnesium and aluminium, is part of the VAIO Summer 2012 line-up, which also includes the Z (15th anniversary edition) and S series.
Available in 11.6-inch or 13.3-inch screen sizes, the VAIO T-Series Ultrabook features the latest-generation Ultra Low Voltage Intel Core processors and ultra-fast SSD flash drives. The feature ensures file access is close to ten times faster than a standard hard disk drive.
Hybrid models, using the new Intel Smart Response Technology (iSRT) that teams fast SSD cache memory with a high-capacity HDD drive, offer quicker boot times and larger storage space.
With the new Rapid Wake technology that will be available across the new summer line up, the user won’t need to shut down his unit – the VAIO T Series can be resumed from sleep mode even after 30 days owing to long battery life.
The VAIO T-series comes with full featured connectivity and a complement of interfaces including HDMI, VGA and RJ45 network ports plus an SD/MMC media slot. A light and portable laptop, it is equipped with Sony’s exclusive xLOUD and Clear Phase sound technologies that boost volume levels without distortion for crisp and clear web chats, video clips and games.
The New VAIO S-series and Z-series
VAIO S Series features the third generation Intel Core i7 Processor, as well as a dynamic hybrid graphics system that uses two graphics processors to best suit the application being run; either a Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE GPU with dedicated VRAM or integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The ultrabook is offered in four colour variations including black, silver, pink and white. It weighs just 1.59 kg and measures a slim 22.8 mm with a full-flat body featuring a carbon lid.
The new VAIO S-series is available in either a 13.3-inch LCD, or a full-size 15.5-inch LCD equipped with a numeric keypad.
The New VAIO Z-series, top of the line in the VAIO line, is the 15th anniversary edition released by Sony VAIO and is available with “15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition - Made in Azumino, Japan” engraved on the hinge.
The ‘full flat’ body of the VAIO Z-series measures just 330mm x 210mm, and is a mere 16.7mm thick. Weighing barely more than a kilogram, the VAIO Z is thinner and lighter than a standard ultrabook.
Constructed from premium grade carbon fibre in a hexa-shell design, the result is an extremely thin, light and durable computer that delivers lightning-fast performance. The notebook is equipped with a high-resolution full high definition 13.1-inch display with anti-reflective glossy finish.
The new VAIO Z-series also comes with Intel Core i7 quad core CPU. The processor enhances the performance of the VAIO Z-series by up to 70 per cent as compared to a dual core CPU.
Both the VAIO S-series and VAIO Z-series are embedded with the xLOUD and Clear Phase audio technologies that switch to Dolby Home Theatre V4 for rich, cinema-style audio via speakers or headphones. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector