Géant opens 2nd hypermarket in Bahrain
Manama, August 15, 2012
French hypermarket chain Géant, a joint venture between Fu-Com International and top French retailer Groupe Casino, has announced the opening of its second outlet in the Riffa area of Bahrain.
The new hypermarket at the Enma Mall was inaugurated by Ahmed Bu Beshait, the under secretary of Bahrain Ministry of Industry & Commerce today (Wednesday).
The is part of Fu-Com’s masterplan to give the region a top-notch value shopping experience, said a senior official.
'With this, Géant continues a French tradition of great shopping and superb service that began with the launch of its first hypermarket at The Bahrain Mall, which quickly became one of Bahrain’s favoured shopping hubs with its concept of “everything-you-need-under-one-roof’’ at very competitive prices,' said Ashfaq Mohammed, group head business development, Fu-Com International.
The decision to go as the anchor store in Enma Mall was due to its great location in the catchment area to reach the maximum target audience making it the ideal choice for customers to shop at Géant, he added.
He said the new hypermarket will strengthen the brand in Bahrain and give us economies of scale to offer customers maximum value. In addition, we have finalised three more sites across prime areas of Bahrain where we will be expanding our brand and opening soon,' he added.
Philippe Merle, the country manager, Fu-Com International Bahrain said, “With its long-standing commitment to offering a vast range of products at the most competitive prices and first-rate customer service, shoppers can look forward to more of the same great Géant quality in a wide selection of fresh food essentials and other products.”
To celebrate the launch, the new Geant mall will be offering a major Eid promotion starting today (August 15) which will run till August 22.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain