Acer launches twin smartphones
Dubai, September 12, 2012
Taiwan-based Acer, a leading notebook manufacturer, has announced the launch of two smartphones, featuring advanced features including Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
The Liquid Gallant and its dual-sim twin brother, the Liquid Gallant Duo, sport a 4.3-inch display with a qHD resolution, offering a clear and detailed rendering of image and text.
The unique design is further enhanced by the power button placed on the back of the phone, to facilitate the lighting the screen when sliding it out of the pocket.
The Liquid Gallants are available in two colors: Gentle Black and Ceramic White.
“This new Acer smartphone mission is quite simple: bring the best experience to all the modern days’ explorers, which results in creating a very affordable phone with no compromise on performance and usability,” said Allen Burnes, SPBG EMEA vice president.
The Liquid Gallants run Android ICS 4.0.4 for a smooth and user-friendly performance. Acer has improved the user experience, adding cool touches such as the convenient unlock screen, the improved notification area and the Swype keyboard, among others.
The 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash allows a one-time shot in a circular path for 2.5D images. The camera features automatic smile detection, as well as the capability to take pictures with higher contrast and rich of details and assemble them into a single panoramic photo.
The focus point can also be set by touching anywhere on the viewfinder.
The Liquid Gallants also offer enhanced Surround Sound, whether they are used as hands-free conference devices or as portable music players. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store