Top jewellers to shine at Sharjah expo
Sharjah, September 20, 2012
The ‘hautest’ and most desirable creations from world’s leading jewellers and designers are to make a splash — some of them for the first time in the region — at the upcoming jewellery fair in Sharjah, said the organisers.
Ending the wait of both jewellers and connoisseurs of gold and diamond jewellery, "The 33rd MidEast Watch & Jewellery Show" will kick off on October 2 at Expo Centre Sharjah and run till October 6, they added.
“With the mega festival season of Eid Al Adha, Indian festival of Diwali and Christmas & New Year round the corner, the show will be a ready-reckoner on new designs, collections and latest trends in gold, diamond, gemstones and watches,” remarked Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, the director-general of Expo Centre Sharjah.
Industry watchers pointed out that jewellery retailers are always on the look-out to identify new trends and collections, and finalise their ranges for marketing and publicity before the seasonal sales period sets in.
“The show will help introduce the season’s best collections and trends to jewellers so that they can source something fresh and innovative and gain an edge over their rivals in the festive season. For jewellery lovers too it will be a one-of-its-kind event that will help them lay their hands first on the trendiest jewellery,” he added.
Jewellers are expecting the arrival of brand new creations from leading design houses that could catch the fancy of Middle Eastern audience, while they also expect to see the revival of some retro concepts like brooch, a stalwart of the bygone wardrobe.
“In the same way as fashion and style undergo changes every season, trends in jewellery also change. Designers and jewellery houses continuously bring out newer and creative designs in jewellery and keeping track of these trends is important for jewellers in order to survive stiff competition and provide their clients with the latest in the market,” said Mohamed Amjed, the project manager of the expo.
The summer saw earrings making a comeback of sorts to the fashion world. Now, the trend is set to grow in popularity over the autumn, said industry experts.
With the weather getting pleasant and outdoors set to regain its importance for all occasions, colours could be the flavour of the season.
“Multi-coloured gems & crystals and cocktail ring designs can be worn for any type of functions, at the same time they could also be classic enough to be handed down through generations. A good pair of earrings can completely transform an outfit and add that extra edge that will ensure all eyes are on the wearer,” said Amjed.
"While the look and feel gemstones impart to a piece of jewellery is unmatched, huge and dramatic ornaments could also become part of fashion this season. Extravagantly embellished pieces of jewellery also could emerge as showstoppers," he added.
According to Midfa, the upcoming show is expected to feature more than 450 exhibitors at over 20,000 sq m of exhibition space. National pavilions from Hong Kong - China, India, Italy, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore will continue to be hot favourites at the show.
The exhibit profile will cover diamond and gold jewellery, pearls, gems, precious stones, loose pearls, pearl sets, crystals and watches, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint