Apple iPhone 5 sold out in 3 days
San Francisco, September 24, 2012
Apple sold out of its latest smartphone, with more than 5 million iPhone 5 sales in the three days after it hit stores, the company said on Monday.
That number blasted past sales of the iPhone 4. When Apple introduced it in October 2011, it sold more than 4 million units in its first weekend.
With the iPhone 5, Apple said that while the majority of preorders have been shipped to customers, many are scheduled to go out in October.
On Friday, Apple fans lined up around the world to get their hands on the new smartphone - which is thinner and lighter and has a bigger screen. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bebe unveils women’s summer clothing range
- Eros opens 33rd retail store in UAE
- iMena Holdings invests in Desado.com
- One-third of Mena consumers shopping online
- Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
- Fragrance retailer Arabian Oud ranked 11th
- LuLu in deal to manage Adnoc mall
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series