Apple iPhone 5 sold out in 3 days
San Francisco, September 24, 2012
Apple sold out of its latest smartphone, with more than 5 million iPhone 5 sales in the three days after it hit stores, the company said on Monday.
That number blasted past sales of the iPhone 4. When Apple introduced it in October 2011, it sold more than 4 million units in its first weekend.
With the iPhone 5, Apple said that while the majority of preorders have been shipped to customers, many are scheduled to go out in October.
On Friday, Apple fans lined up around the world to get their hands on the new smartphone - which is thinner and lighter and has a bigger screen. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013