Eurostar launches Smart TV upgrader
Manama, January 28, 2013
Eurostar has announced the launch of its all-new Android-based eSmart TV + Upgrader in Bahrain.
The Smart TV upgrader is a sleek, black device that connects via HDMI to convert an ordinary LCD/LED TV into an Android powered entertainment hub, a statement from the company said.
Designed to fit on any TV, the smart device comes with an inbuilt camera and microphone for video calls along with a state-of-the-art ‘wireless air keyboard’ which also functions as a mouse for easy navigation.
“To invest in a brand new Smart TV can be quite costly and the eSmart TV+ Upgrader offers a solution to this problem,” said Raju Jethwani, chairman, Eurostar Group. “The biggest advantage of having this device is the sheer amount of services it connects to. The device allows users to enjoy their favourite songs, watch downloaded content or stream videos from the internet while being able to utilise social media channels all of which uses the Android operating system.”
The eSmart TV+ Upgrader has the additional feature of an inbuilt camera which is perfect for video chatting with friends and family across the world.
The 4GB internal hard disk allows for downloaded content to be stored on the device making it possible to permanently keep a wide range of games and different applications accessible to the TV.
Doubling up as a media player it can stream videos and movies live onto the TV via the eSmart TV + from any device connected on the network.
The USB slot enables content such as videos, music and images to be accessed from a flash drive or external hard drive to be viewed on the TV. The USB slot can also be used to increase the storage capacity of the eSmart TV+ Upgrader.
The smart device has wireless connectivity and Wi-Fi to sync with other Android devices as well as remain connected to the internet. It can also be connected to the LAN cable and converted to a wireless hotspot. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi