Visa, Groupon offer partnership discounts
Dubai, February 13, 2013
Visa and leading collective buying platform Groupon Middle East, have entered into a partnership offering Visa credit and debit cardholders up to 70 per cent discount value with exclusive offers on travel, lifestyle and dining across the UAE.
As part of the partnership that will run from February 14 to August 13, Visa cardholders would be required to use their cards on http://www.groupon.ae/deals/visa and be entitled to purchase exclusive deals on fine dining restaurants, retail outlets and getaways while enjoying up to 70 per cent mark down on their shopping.
The offer is valid only in the UAE; though they can be purchased with any Visa card from all countries across the Mena region, a statement from the company said. With the partnership, customers can enjoy exclusive deals each month in premium category segments through the click of a button at competitive prices. Each deal will be active for a minimum of seven days.
Visa and Groupon ME have also unveiled getaways offers to different parts of the world.
Through this partnership, Visa aims to help enhance online transactions, drive volumes and increase online purchase frequency across the region.
“We are happy to announce this joint initiative with Groupon to reward our customers across the Mena region,” said Karim Beg, head of marketing for Visa in Mena. “Through this partnership, Visa cardholders will have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive Visa deals as a new listing on Groupon’s homepage in addition to city deals, shopping deals, getaways and tickets. This endeavor is expected to drive e-commerce volumes for Visa across the region, and boost cross-border purchases.”
“Visa offers one of the most comprehensive sets of payment products in a secure environment and we continually innovate by enhancing our products and services and are committed to bringing the benefits of electronic payments to more people in more places,” Beg said. “This partnership with Groupon across Mena is a step in this direction to promote the use of electronic payments in the long-term.”
“Our partnership with Visa marks a significant milestone for Groupon as number one collective buying platform in the UAE and allows us to grow even further through the extensive network of Visa cardholders throughout the region,” said Alexander Kappes, CEO, Groupon Middle East.
“Our aim is to encourage the development of ecommerce in the region; our partnership with Visa symbolises this common goal and provides Visa cardholders with the opportunity to enjoy exclusive experiences only accessible online through Groupon,” he said.
The new e-commerce campaign is being marketed through online channels, including the Groupon website. The promotion will be offered to customers through their local banks enabled by Visa’s payment network, product suite and brand.
Groupon Middle East is the largest social marketing network in the UAE with a database of over 2,000,000 subscribers. It has currently localised offers for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and Northern Emirates, plus cross-border getaways offers and a ticketing portal for local events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices