Gitanjali launches jewellery brand in Dubai
Dubai, May 29, 2013
The Gitanjali Group, one of the largest integrated diamond and jewellery manufacturers, has joined hands with top regional luxury retailer Paris Gallery to launch its famous Indian brand Gili in Dubai.
With this tieup, Gitanjali brands will be available at Paris Gallery stores in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Sharjah in the UAE, as well as in Bahrain and Qatar.
At a glittering inaugural ceremony held at Paris Gallery, Dubai Mall, on Tuesday, Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu, who is also the current brand ambassador of Gili, launched the jewellery brand.
The Paris Gallery will house the new, trendy range of Gili and Giantti Italia jewellery.
Commenting on the launch, Mehul Choksi, the Group chairman and managing director said, “Through our popular and best-selling brands Gili and Giantti Italia, Gitanjali outlets within Paris Gallery store will offer products that suit every occasion, from high-end to competitively priced jewelry. Our designs will feature an extraordinary blend of Indian and Western nuances.”
"Giantti Italia is a world-class brand bringing to life some of the exquisite collections like Margherita, Pressione, Sorisso, Eden, Chandelier and Jennifer Morgan to name a few. Inspired by Italian art and blended into a bouquet of innovative designs, Giantti’s range is crafted by master artisans to scintillate every woman who has a desire for unique style and fresh appeal in diamond jewellery," he noted.
“The alliance with Paris Gallery is a great value addition to our growing presence here. The association will increase Gitanjali presence in the UAE through Paris Gallery's regional positioning and its vast network of luxury stores,” said Choksi.
Mohammed Abdul Rahim Al Fahim, the CEO of Paris Gallery, said, “For us, the association with Gitanjali is born out of our ardent desire to serve customers with the best brands and products. We are constantly evolving to meet their growing needs. Paris Gallery is well known for the quality and the variety of products it offers, and Gitanjali complements that image."
"They have some of the finest creations of gold, silver and diamond jewellery. Moreover, they have a diverse range of jewellery that will perfectly suit the needs of our highly diverse customer base. It’s important for us that we cater to the differences. We strongly believe this is a step in the right direction for both Paris Gallery and Gitanjali," he added.
Shadi Badran, the head of categories at Paris Gallery, said, “We believe Gitanjali’s brands will have instant appeal with our customers nationwide. With this addition, Paris Gallery has upped its product offerings which will definitely add value to a Paris Gallery retail experience.”
Ajay Pandey, the CEO, International Brands Business of Gitanjali Group, said, "This association not only helps increase our accessibility in the region, it also allows us to meet the increasing demand for daily wear fine diamond jewellery with a strong brand appeal."
"Our brands Gili and Giantti cater to a highly diverse audience owing its wide array of designs and international appeal. Paris Gallery comes as the right partners in our growing presence here as we share a mutual synergy in our business outlook and market philosophy," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait