Toshiba Gulf unveils new tablet range
Dubai, October 24, 2013
Toshiba Gulf has launched three new models of 10.1-inch tablets powered by the newest Nvidia Tegra processors and running on Android 4.2, Jelly Bean.
Equipped with up to 2GB of memory and up to 64GB of storage, the high performance Excite Series delivers plenty of power required for running heavy applications simultaneously, console-quality gaming, fast web browsing and amazing entertainment. All three models are now available in the market, according to a statement.
"Nvidia Tegra processors bring an unmatched multimedia experience to the new Excite tablets from Toshiba, one of the world's most popular computing brands," said Matt Wuebbling, director of Product Marketing for the Mobile Business at Nvidia.
"With Tegra, the Excite family features incredibly fast web browsing and new productivity and creativity tools that professionals and consumers will both enjoy."
Santosh Varghese, general manager of Digital Products and Services at Toshiba Gulf, said: “The Excite Series is Toshiba’s take on thin and light tablets. Each model in the series comes with Nvidia processor which has a fifth battery-saver core that automatically activates when the tablet is on active standby or running low power tasks, allowing for long battery life despite running multiple applications at the same time.”
Powered by Nvidia Tegra 3, the powerful Excite Pure offers an ultra-fast internet browsing experience with twice the speed delivered by other tablets running on different processors. The Excite Pure also boasts a superior battery-saving technology that enables four performance cores to be used on max burst when needed, with each core independently enabled and disabled based on workload, allowing it to avoid battery drain and conserve energy.
Equipped with Nvidia Tegra 4, the Excite Pro delivers the fastest web surfing available in mobile today. A tablet designed for entertainment, it supports Ultra-HD video, and features Resolution+ and Adaptive Display to automatically improve regular video to HD quality. Crystal clarity is achieved on its 2560x1600 PixelPure Display, producing sharp and realistic images. At 300 pixels per inch and a total of four million pixels, the Excite Pro can display the most accurate details.
With as many as four million pixels on a 10.1-inch screen with 2560x1600 PixelPure Display, the Excite Write is the ideal, realistic digital journal for consumers, students and professionals alike. The tablet ships with an innovative digitizer that has a digital eraser, providing an intuitive way to correct errors. Users may change the digital ink colour by simply pressing a button on the digitizer, allowing them to add emphasis and dynamism to their notes and drawings.
Equipped with ThinkFree, it allows users to export handwritten notes as images and editable presentations and documents, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector