Seiko unveils GPS watches
Dubai, December 19, 2013
Seiko, a brand with Al-Futtaim Watches and Jewellery, has launched Astron, its new range of watches that can receive GPS signals across all time zones in the world using the global network of GPS satellites.
The Astron is based on Seiko’s patented low-energy-consumption GPS receiver and identifies all the 39 currently recognised time zones on earth, said the company in a statement.
Thomas Dotzek, senior general manager of Al-Futtaim Watches and Jewellery, said: “As Seiko celebrates the 100th anniversary of its very first wrist watch, Al-Futtaim Group is honoured to exclusively offer a unique, limited edition Astron watch in our stores.
“The watch carries the name of Seiko’s founder Kintaro Hattori, his vision and the very first symbol mark for Seiko. The high-intensity black titanium case boasts a crown tipped with onyx and is offered with a crocodile strap and an additional titanium bracelet.”
The Seiko Astron can receive time signals automatically and on demand, connects to four or more of the GPS satellites that orbit the earth. This allows the watch to pinpoint its exact location with precision, identifying the local time zone and time. The watch also comes with a perpetual calendar, offering accurate dates up to February 2100 and daylight saving time features.
The watches are also self-sustaining and take all necessary power from light, said the statement.
It is available across all Al-Futtaim Watches and Jewellery stores across the UAE, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store