UK franchise consultants eye GCC market
Dubai, January 4, 2014
UK-based franchise consultancy firm Platinum Wave will be in Dubai this month to discuss a range of master franchise and area developer franchise opportunities with key regional players.
The British Franchise Association-accredited consultancy works with many leading UK brands including Baguette Express, NIC Services Group, Razzamatazz Theatre Schools and many others specialising in sectors such as retail, sports and leisure, food, professional services, beauty, home improvement and popular children’s activities, all of whom are looking to expand their operations in key international markets.
Commenting on the move, Suzie McCafferty, the managing director of Platinum Wave, said the Baguette Express implementation in Dubai has been very successful and we want to replicate this with other strong partners across the world.
"The Middle East market is very exciting at the moment and we are also looking for international business partners to build and grow franchise networks throughout the region for a number of our other clients over a broad range of sectors," remarked McCafferty, who will be in Dubai for the next two weeks for key discussions with potential entrepreneurs.
"We are ready to offer franchisee for Baguette Express or any of the other brands we represent in different sectors," stated McCafferty, who is regarded as one of the UK’s foremost franchising experts having worked in the sector for over 14 years.
She has successfully built her own international franchising networks and establishing multi-million pound companies through franchising in countries such as the UK, Europe, the Middle East and even the Caribbean. .
Earlier this year Platinum Wave brought leading UK ‘Food on the Go’ brand Baguette Express, to the Middle East after the sale of its UAE master franchise to Dubai-based Galaxy Food Concepts (GFC), said a company statement.
GFC is part of the Eros Group which is a leading distributor for consumer electronics and mobility solutions in the emirates. GFC was created in 2012 to bring quick service food brands to the UAE that meet the demands of a young and mobile generation. The first Baguette Express outlets have now opened in Dubai, it stated.
Platinum Wave is very pleased to have guided GFC through the entire start-up process. With plans to open multiple company owned outlets over the coming months, GFC will also sub-franchise the concept to interested parties in the UAE, the statement added.
“We are very happy to partner with and introduce the Baguette Express concept in the Middle East,” remarked Babani, the chief executive of GFC.
"The Baguette Express team has been very professional and has worked closely and guided us which has been a tremendous help given that this was our first foray in the quick service food business," he noted.
"We look forward to expanding this brand in the UAE and giving the diverse cosmopolitan people of UAE a taste of the Baguette Express experience," added Babani.
McCafferty said apart from the emirates, the company is keen to enter target countries include India, GCC and other parts of Asia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and whole of Europe.
McCafferty is a specialist in helping other businesses to grow and develop their businesses through successful and sustainable franchising and franchisee recruitment on an international scale.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet