Samsung launches world’s largest curved TV
Las Vegas, January 7, 2014
Samsung Electronics is displaying the world’s largest curved UHD TV, with a 105-inch screen and a cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio with 11 million pixels at the ongoing 2014 International CES exhibition in Las Vegas.
“Samsung is the cutting edge of innovation,” said Boo-keun Yoon, Co-CEO of Samsung Electronics. “Our approach of combining deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design is making Samsung the global technology leader.”
Outlining his vision for the future of the consumer electronics industry, Yoon said four mega trends were shaping the technology demands of consumers: connectivity, urbanization, aging, and new environmental and societal risks.
“The Home of the Future has to protect, be flexible, and be responsive and needs technology that will connect all the digital dots in the lives of consumers,” Yoon said.
“Samsung is in a better position to deliver solutions for the ‘Home of the Future’ than anybody else - helped by our broad product range, integrated development and manufacturing, and our large global network of partners.”
Among Samsung products launched at CES 2014:
• Samsung U9000 Series Curved UHD TVs – The World’s First Curved UHD TV, which is a CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards honoree and Samsung’s flagship TV for 2014. The U9000 series is completed by 65-inch and 55-inch Curved TVs, all with an elegant minimal base and ultra slim bezels.
• Samsung also announced partnerships with global media and content companies such as Amazon, Comcast, DIRECTV, M-GO and Netflix, to deliver the best UHD experience. Customers can also look forward to a “UHD video pack” service that contains UHD content by HDD in cooperation with Hollywood studios.
• A new range of washing machines and washer dryers helps lighten households’ workloads by offering the largest capacity on the market – 5.6 cubic feet (or about 25kg).
• Blazing a path for the ‘Home of the Future,’ Samsung is demonstrating its new Smart Home service, an integrated platform for appliances and devices that enables consumers to control their home with a single app – from the lights and air conditioning to kitchen appliances and security systems.
• The new Chef Collection of home appliances combines Samsung technology and beautiful design with the kitchen know-how and passion for food of the Michelin-starred team in Samsung’s Club des Chefs.
• The Samsung’s 12.2-inch Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets present mobile users with an industry-leading WQXGA display, offering crystal clear resolution with more than 4 million pixels, for a best-in-class tablet experience for both content consumption and powerful productivity.
• The NX30 interchangeable-lens camera has an advanced 20.3 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, Tiltable Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and exceptionally fast 1/8000 sec Shutter Speed and 9 FPS continuous shooting capability, to create high quality images with faster than ever performance. – TradeArabia News Service