Emirates SkyCargo voted best
London, May 3, 2008
Emirates SkyCargo has been voted Best Middle East Cargo Airline for the 20th consecutive year.
It received the accolade at the prestigious Cargo Airline of the Year Awards, one of the premier events in the cargo industry calendar, which was held in London earlier this week.
“Emirates SkyCargo is honoured to receive this award, and thrilled that the cargo industry continues to recognise our commitment to customer service and quality,” said Emirates’ divisional senior vice-president, cargo, Ram Menen, who was present at the event.
Emirates SkyCargo receives the award at a time of significant growth. The carrier’s Cargo Mega Terminal, with a capacity of 1.2 million tonnes per annum, has recently become fully operational.
Emirates SkyCargo’s fleet continues to grow too, with the first of eight Boeing 777Fs entering service later this year.
Last year saw the introduction of six new destinations to the carrier’s network. In addition to Cape Town which commenced in March, Emirates will commence services to Kozhikode (Calicut), Guangzhou Los Angeles and San Francisco later this year.
Emirates SkyCargo currently serves a global route network that spans 99 destinations in 62 countries.
The awards are organised by trade magazine Air Cargo News and attract votes from readers across the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct