Air Arabia plans Kiev flights
Sharjah, July 16, 2008
Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier in the Middle East and North Africa, will introduce service to Kiev, Ukraine, in October.
The launch of this new destination reflects Air Arabia’s growing expansion into the Eastern European market, the Sharjah-based airline said.
AK Nizar, head of Commercial Department, Air Arabia said: “Ukraine is one of the fastest growing economies in Eastern Europe, and there is considerable passenger traffic between the country and the Middle East, particularly for tourism and business. We look forward to introducing non-stop service between Kiev and Sharjah in the coming months, and to offering our value-for-money services to everyone seeking friendly and efficient travel between these two dynamic regions.”
With a population approaching three million, Kiev is an important industrial, scientific, educational and cultural centre of Eastern Europe. One of the greenest cities in the region, it boasts a range of natural and architectural attractions. Kiev is the capital of Ukraine, which experienced record economic growth of more than 7.3 per cent last year alone.
In addition to Kiev, Air Arabia also serves Istanbul, Turkey, and Yerevan, Armenia, in Eastern Europe.
The Sharjah-based carrier offers the most destinations of any airline in the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc