Emirates wins Best In-flight Entertainment award
Dubai, September 23, 2008
Emirates Airline has won the top award for passenger in-flight entertainment at the World Airline Entertainment Association's (WAEA) Avion Awards in California, USA, a report said.
The airline was ranked first by passengers in the category of Best In-flight Entertainment in the World Large Airlines. It also walked away with the Best in Region for Middle East and Africa, according to the Gulf News report.
It was also the first runner-up in two categories judged by industry experts - Best New Technology and Best Single Achievement in in-flight entertainment.
'We are pleased that the industry and importantly, our customers, are recognising our efforts to provide them with the best possible in-flight entertainment as part of our overall commitment to customer service,' said Mike Simon, Emirates' divisional senior VP, Corporate Communications.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai