Sama, Avis in car rental deal
Riyadh, October 18, 2008
Sama Airlines, the newest budget airline in Saudi Arabia, said it has signed an international car rental agreement with Avis.
The agreement will allow Sama's guests to book a Avis cars via www.flysama.com giving access to special discounted prices with other advantages.
Samer Atawi, Sama chief commercial officer and Assad Atyani, Avis's country manager in Saudi Arabia, signed the agreemnet in the presence of senior officials from both companies.
Atawi said, “We are working to provide all possible options for our guests to facilitate their travel process, and guarantee a pleasurable trip with Sama.'
'Signing this agreement with a leading company in its field like Avis, is giving further benefit to all our guests. Now they can rent an Avis car via flysama.com and guarantee the lowest fares and other benefits,' he noted.
This agreement comes as part of Sama’s “Just for You” program to increase customer satisfaction and improve the quality of service, Atawi explained.
'Now you can simply book your favorite car at any Avis office worldwide and get the lowest prices with extra free miles and other advantages,' he added.
Thierry Domballe, regional director, Mediterranean, Middle East & Ireland at Avis Europe, expressed delight at the agreement and said it was a great opportunity to provide Sama passengers excellent car rental value and high standard customer service throughout the Avis network.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard