Etihad unveils Formula 1 branded aircraft
Abu Dhabi, January 8, 2009
With the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix taking place later this year, Etihad has painted one of its wide-body Airbus aircraft with an iconic special F1 livery.
The A340-600 aircraft has a ‘dynamic’ design with white at the nose leading to red at the end of the plane. The official F1 logo is featured on the engines and motor racing’s famous ‘chequered’ flag is on the tail fin.
With the aircraft set to operate on Etihad’s services from Abu Dhabi to London, Sydney, New York and Toronto, the design will also ensure that motor racing fans from around the world can see the eye-catching design and share in the excitement of the UAE’s first ever F1 Grand prix.
“The inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is only 10 months away and we are delighted to fly our own F1-themed aircraft across the world to build awareness and generate excitement to what will be a thrilling event for Abu Dhabi and the UAE,” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ executive vice president marketing and product.
In addition to the A340 F1-branded aircraft Etihad also has an A320 aircraft painted in the livery of an F1 racing car. The A320 has flown since last year to every destination in Etihad’s short haul network including Amman, Cairo and Beirut.
The seven-figure, three year, title sponsorship deal sees the Formula 1 race in the UAE’s capital city named the 'Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix' until 2011.
It also provides Etihad with a major trackside advertising package and podium branding for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely