IHG appoints Near East commercial director
Beirut, March 19, 2009
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced the appointment of Haitham Mattar as commercial director near East.
Mattar will be moving from his current role as director of marketing IHG Mea based in Dubai to Beirut where he will oversee the commercial function for IHG’s hotels in Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Jordan and Syria.
In addition, he will assume the role of area general manager-Lebanon, leading operations for InterContinental Mzaar Lebanon Resort and Spa, Crowne Plaza Beirut and Holiday Inn Dunes Beirut.
“In his new role as commercial director Near East, Haitham’s responsibilities will be to develop and implement regional business growth strategies and ensuring alignment with the group’s sales, marketing, PR and revenue activities,” said Tom Rowntree, vice president commercial, Middle East and Africa.
Mattar said: “My goal will be to strengthen IHG’s presence in the region, by supervising the functions and ensuring strategic alignment in key areas of business.”
Mattar joined the IHG group in 2000 as director of sales and marketing InterContinental Dubai.
During his nine years with IHG, Mattar has received several accolades including Best Performance award in 2005 and EMEA Local Marketing Activity of the Year award in 2006. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project