Sharjah Spring Promotions to start Jan 21
Dubai, January 5, 2010
This year’s edition of the annual Sharjah Spring Promotions will run from January 21 to February 28, it has been announced.
The festival is dedicated to promoting tourism, trade and marketing throughout the emirate of Sharjah, including the eastern and central regions.
The Sharjah Economic Development Department, the Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority and Sharjah Municipality will oversee the festival’s activities.
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) will organise the 2010 edition. Many entertainment, commercial, and marketing events will be held alongside the festival’s main programme, including special rebates, discounts and competitions to be offered by major stores, shopping centres, and tourist destinations participating in the event.
“Sharjah Spring Promotions is one of the emirate’s major initiatives for stimulating the local economy and promoting investment opportunities, aside from being an integrated social, cultural and family event,” stated Hussein Mohammad Al Mahmoudi, director general, SCCI.
Sharjah Spring Promotions is an effective tool for promoting the local business community, spurring emirate-wide investment activity, and supporting the long-term development of corporate businesses and investments.
The festival also promotes social and cultural understanding among citizens, residents, and tourists.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home