Sharjah Spring Promotions to start Jan 21
Dubai, January 5, 2010
This year’s edition of the annual Sharjah Spring Promotions will run from January 21 to February 28, it has been announced.
The festival is dedicated to promoting tourism, trade and marketing throughout the emirate of Sharjah, including the eastern and central regions.
The Sharjah Economic Development Department, the Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority and Sharjah Municipality will oversee the festival’s activities.
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) will organise the 2010 edition. Many entertainment, commercial, and marketing events will be held alongside the festival’s main programme, including special rebates, discounts and competitions to be offered by major stores, shopping centres, and tourist destinations participating in the event.
“Sharjah Spring Promotions is one of the emirate’s major initiatives for stimulating the local economy and promoting investment opportunities, aside from being an integrated social, cultural and family event,” stated Hussein Mohammad Al Mahmoudi, director general, SCCI.
Sharjah Spring Promotions is an effective tool for promoting the local business community, spurring emirate-wide investment activity, and supporting the long-term development of corporate businesses and investments.
The festival also promotes social and cultural understanding among citizens, residents, and tourists.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction