Southern Sun names new marketing head
Dubai, October 25, 2010
Abdo Kayali joins Southern Sun as the new complex director of sales and marketing, for the group’s two flagship Dubai properties, Al Manzil and Qamardeen hotels.
With over two decades of industry experience in the Mena region, Kayali moves to Southern Sun from a similar position at Mövenpick Hotel Bur Dubai.
Educated in the UK, at London’s Cavendish College, and in Canada, with an EMBA from MIC (Management Institute of Canada), Kayali has worked at various prestigious hotel properties including Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh and Sheraton Jeddah Hotels & Villas in Saudi Arabia (The Luxury Collection).
“Abdo’s reputation precedes him, and his expertise in the unique sales and marketing landscape of the Mena region, drawn from years working in this highly competitive market, places him in the perfect position to take a highly successful product even further,” said Richard Weilers, managing director, Southern Sun Offshore.
A Syrian national, Kayali speaks fluent English, Arabic and French.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry