Gulf Air recruits all-Bahraini female crew
Manama, February 14, 2011
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has recruited the third group of six Bahraini female cabin crew to its network.
The new Bahraini recruits began an intensive 13-week training course that includes both class room and on-board training covering a range of disciplines including safety, food and beverage and customer care.
After the successful completion of the training they will become full-fledged flight crew and begin their flying career with Gulf Air.
Gulf Air chief executive officer Samer Majali welcomed the candidates and wished them a successful career with the national carrier.
The recruitment and training of Bahraini female cabin crew is a joint-initiative run by the airline and Tamkeen, an independent government authority that aims at improving Bahraini employability, job creation and social support, to encourage more Bahrainis, particularly females, to join the national carrier in key customer-facing positions such as flight crew by offering flexible scheduling benefits.
Gulf Air has developed new flexible scheduling benefits for Bahraini females joining as flight attendants; they can opt to fly only turn-around flights that do not require overnight stays outside their homes. However, they can also choose to fly the airline’s entire network if they like to, a statement said.
Gulf Air is the first airline in the GCC to offer such a scheme, reinforcing the airline’s commitment to the local community and its role as the ‘flying ambassador’ of Bahrain, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport