Gulf Air takes four A320s on lease
Manama, August 10, 2011
Gulf Air, the national airline of Bahrain, has signed a purchase and leaseback agreement for four new Airbus A320 aircraft from Japan-based MC Aviation Partners, the aircraft leasing and trading arm of Mitsubishi Corporation.
The first delivery was scheduled in July; the upcoming aircraft are scheduled for delivery in August, September and October.
“We are pleased to have completed this important transaction with MCAP and hope to build on this new partnership in the future,” said Gulf Air CEO Samer Majali.
“The deliveries of the four new aircraft, fully equipped with the latest inflight-entertainment system and modern livery, support Gulf Air’s growth and product enhancement strategy.”
“The addition of these new aircraft will further reduce the average age of our fleet, which is now at 6.2 years and by the year end we will have one of the youngest fleets in the region at just 5.4 years,” he added.
Tatsuo Sato, chief executive officer of MC Aviation Partners, said: 'We are delighted to announce this transaction with Gulf Air and hope this transaction will be a start of a long and successful relationship between the two companies.”
“With the addition of these four aircraft, our self-owned and managing portfolio will exceed 80 aircraft. We are aggressively increasing our portfolio size and it is a pleasure to have a well-known airline with long history such as Gulf Air to join our list of lessees,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa