Abu Dhabi launches Volvo Race holiday deals
Abu Dhabi, October 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) has unveiled tailored holiday packages for the emirate’s New Year hosting of the Volvo Ocean Race 2011/12 fleet.
A six-strong armada of state-of-the-art Volvo 70 ocean yachts will contest the grueling 39,000 nautical mile round-the-world event.
ADTA, which is behind the emirate’s fleet hosting at a specially-designed Corniche Destination Village, has developed the packages to cater to international travellers looking to take advantage of the UAE capital event, which is being activated with a packed entertainment programme.
The packages, being run by ‘Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Travel Services’ and developed in conjunction with the stopover’s travel partner, Hala Abu Dhabi, are centred on event highlights from the Destination Village opening this New Year’s Eve.
A New Year’s Eve Spectacular package includes a four-night accommodation with breakfast, airport meet & greet and premium limousine transport as well as transfers to the Volvo Ocean Race Destination Village for the New Year’s Eve headline concert, with pre and post concert VIP hospitality, as well as a stunning sunset dhow cruise.
The Volvo Ocean Race Experience package focusses on the race re-start for the 4,600 nautical mile third leg to Sanya, China, providing a remarkable up-close spectacle for sailing aficionados.
Visitors can also get into the thick of the action in style - on and off the water - with hospitality access for the pro-am, in-port race and race restart, on January 12, 13 and 14, 2012 respectively.
The first 100 to book will also receive priority VIP access to the ‘Azzam Lounge’ – the dedicated Abu Dhabi hospitality pavilion.
Both packages also offer guests the Volvo Ocean Race – Active Abu Dhabi card, which gives holders exclusive city attraction offers across the city, as well as a commemorative gift from the Abu Dhabi stopover.
“We are pleased to be able to work with our preferred travel agency - Hala Abu Dhabi - to create customised travel packages in conjunction with this special event, whilst also allowing visitors to sample all the emirate has to offer during one of the world’s most exciting sporting events,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager, ADTA.
The package prices, excluding flights and based on twin room sharing, start from $1,715 for the New Year’s Eve Spectacular, and $2,140 for the Volvo Ocean Race Experience.
Abu Dhabi’s Destination Village, which will be adjacent to the Heritage Village and overlooking Abu Dhabi’s impressive city skyline, will open free-of-charge to the public daily from December 31 to January 14.
The interactive village, which will leverage the maritime theme, will be packed with activities and entertainment including exhibitions, shows, simulators, hospitality, game zones, food & beverage outlets and merchandise shops.
The Volvo Ocean Race 2011/12 begins in Alicante, Spain, in October and ends in Galway, Ireland in summer next year. It is a race in which professional athletes, on-board the Volvo Open 70 racing yacht, sail around the world with the prevailing winds. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas