Alafco posts profit jump; leases to VietJet
Dubai, December 12, 2011
Kuwait's Aviation Lease & Finance Co (Alafco) posted a near quintupling in net profit to KD47 million ($169.68 million) for the full year ended Sept. 30, the company said in a statement on Monday.
Alafco said that its board has approved a cash dividend of 10 fils per share for the fiscal year.
The Kuwait-based firm posted a full-year net profit of KD10.8 million in 2010.
Alafco has a customer base of 16 airlines globally. Its lease portfolio increased to 48 aircraft during the year as it took delivery of eight new aircraft last year, the company said.
The company placed a $4.6 billion expanded order for 50 Airbus A320neo passenger jets at the Dubai Air Show last month.
It obtained financing facilities worth $313.3 million during the year from local and international banks, Alafco said, without naming the lenders.
The firm also announced that it has leased three of its Airbus A320 aircraft to Vietnam's low-cost carrier VietJet Air.
Alafco will lease the planes to the Vietnamese private airline for 8 years, it said in a statement on the Kuwait Stock Exchange, and the operation will start within three months from the date of delivery.
The planes were released from the services of Kuwait Airways, and the market value of each aircraft is above $40 million, it said. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand