Daher-Socata to showcase fastest turboprop
Abu Dhabi, January 11, 2012
Daher-Socata, a producer of general aviation aircraft, will present its fastest single turboprop at an upcoming aviation exhibition in Abu Dhabi.
The TBM 850, the fastest single turboprop in the world with a maximum cruise speed of 320 KTAS (593 km/hr) at 26 000 ft (7,940m), will be on display at Abu Dhabi Air Expo, the first general aviation exhibition in the Middle East from March 6 to 8 at Al Bateen Executive Airport.
An 850 hp engine version of the turboprop business aircraft TBM 700, known for its reliability, the TBM 850 combines the cruising speed and flying times typical of light jets with operating costs, low environmental signature, range and excellent payload of turboprop aircraft, a statement said.
“We look forward to participating in the first edition of the exhibition in Abu Dhabi, whose geographical location and audience make it a must-attend event for those involved in general aviation,” said Nicolas Chabbert, director of the Aircraft Division at Daher-Socata.
“Knowing that the general aviation sector is experiencing significant growth in the Middle East, we really want to be part of this show,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager