Daher-Socata to showcase fastest turboprop
Abu Dhabi, January 11, 2012
Daher-Socata, a producer of general aviation aircraft, will present its fastest single turboprop at an upcoming aviation exhibition in Abu Dhabi.
The TBM 850, the fastest single turboprop in the world with a maximum cruise speed of 320 KTAS (593 km/hr) at 26 000 ft (7,940m), will be on display at Abu Dhabi Air Expo, the first general aviation exhibition in the Middle East from March 6 to 8 at Al Bateen Executive Airport.
An 850 hp engine version of the turboprop business aircraft TBM 700, known for its reliability, the TBM 850 combines the cruising speed and flying times typical of light jets with operating costs, low environmental signature, range and excellent payload of turboprop aircraft, a statement said.
“We look forward to participating in the first edition of the exhibition in Abu Dhabi, whose geographical location and audience make it a must-attend event for those involved in general aviation,” said Nicolas Chabbert, director of the Aircraft Division at Daher-Socata.
“Knowing that the general aviation sector is experiencing significant growth in the Middle East, we really want to be part of this show,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers