Abu Dhabi Tourism wins big at WTA
Abu Dhabi, January 15, 2012
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) has won honours for responsible tourism and destination marketing at the 2011 World Travel Awards ceremony held in Doha.
The ADTA scooped the World's Responsible Tourism and World's Leading Destination Marketing Campaign awards after beating off stiff competition from India and Spain.
ADTA marketing director Claire Micheletti and brand manager Mouza Al Shamsi received the award during the WTA Grand Finale Gala Dinner.
In general it was a great night for Abu Dhabi with stakeholders Jumeirah at Etihad Towers being named the ‘World’s Leading New Hotel’; Emirates Palace winning both the 2011 ‘World’s Leading Meetings & Conference Hotel’ and the ‘World’s Leading Presidential Suite.’
Adnec clinched the ‘World’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre’; the Royal Jet Group bagged the ‘World’s Leading Private Jet Charter’ award and Etihad Airways picked up three awards - World's Leading Airline, Leading Airline First Class and Leading Airline to the Middle East.
ADTA has wide ranging responsibilities for managing and assisting the development of the emirate's tourism industry and the marketing and promotion of the emirate as a world-class destination of distinction.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return