Etihad ups baggage allowance for premium guests
Algiers, March 1, 2012
UAE's national carrier Etihad Airways, in a major move, has increased its baggage allowances for all premium Pearl Business class and Diamond First class guests by 10kg.
Those travelling in Pearl Business class will now have an allowance of 40kg, and guests in Diamond First class will have an allowance of 50kg, the airline said in a statement.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: “We are delighted to be able to reward our premium guests and loyalty program members with an additional luggage allowance. At Etihad, we are always looking to make the experience of flying as simple, convenient and rewarding as possible.'
Under the scheme, members of the Etihad Guest frequent flyer program travelling in the Diamond First class or Pearl Business class cabins too will be able to enjoy additional baggage allowances.
For example, an Etihad Guest Gold member will now be able to take as much as 65kg of baggage when flying in Diamond First class.
'We believe this increased allowance will prove very popular with our guests,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental