New GM named for InterContinental Doha
Doha, March 12, 2012
InterContinental Hotels Group has appointed Renzo Cavagliotti as general manager of the new InterContinental Doha The City.
The veteran hotelier brings a wealth of global experience to Doha, having worked within the hospitality industry for more than 30 years.
“There has a really positive response – locally, regionally and internationally – to this truly landmark hospitality offering in Qatar, and the hotel is poised to provide a new vantage point to experience Doha’s highlights in the coming weeks and months,” said Cavagliotti.
A native of Italy but with vast experience across the Middle East, Cavagliotti has worked with the InterContinental Hotels Group around the globe, including roles at regional head offices and within hotels in the United States of America, Brazil, Indonesia, Spain and The United Kingdom.
Making its debut in February this year, InterContinental Doha The City is the latest offering from the leading global hotel group. Highlights of the architecturally stunning 58-storey property include six restaurants and two lounges. In the coming weeks, the hotel will feature the city’s highest dining experience along with an in-house chocolatier and a traditional Lebanese restaurant. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand