Jazeera Airways to launch Najaf service
Kuwait, March 17, 2012
Jazeera Airways, a leading low-cost airline, has secured rights to operate the Kuwait-Najaf route and intends to launch the service within the next six months.
The airline won the rights to operate the route following the successful bilateral discussions between the governments of Kuwait and Iraq, it said in a statement.
Jazeera Airways, which currently operates 18 non-stop routes in the Middle East from Kuwait, will be the first Kuwaiti airline to operate a scheduled service between Kuwait and a city in Iraq.
The bilateral discussions also granted access to Kuwaiti airlines to operate to other Iraqi cities, including Mosul, Baghdad, Erbil and others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria