Voting opens for World Travel Awards
Dubai, March 18, 2012
World Travel Awards has unveiled the regional nominees for its 2012 programme and has announced the opening of online voting.
Arabian organisations in contention include Etihad Airways, FlyDubai, Qatar Tourism Authority, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and Rotana Hotels, a statement said.
All will now go head to head at WTA’s Middle East Ceremony, which is set to take place at Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa, Dubai on April 30.
The number of organisations self nominating in 2012 has increased by 17 percent year-on-year, reflecting the growing awareness of the global coverage and commercial benefits that accompany WTA success, the statement said.
WTA is urging both the travel trade and the public to vote for their favourite travel brands.
Graham E Cooke, founder & president, WTA, said: “As the tension surrounding the regional ceremonies builds, we are looking forward to revealing the leading players and tracking their progress as they head to our Grand Final 2012 in December.”
“In these times of global economic austerity, the ability to pinpoint quality travel products remains paramount to both business and consumer travellers. Winning a World Travel Award is a brand’s gold seal of travel excellence, which is why our 2012 programme has attracted a record number of nominees,” he added.
More than 5,000 organisations from 162 countries will compete in travel and tourism’s most influential awards programme. More than 900 categories cover all aspects of the industry from airlines and cruise ships to ski resorts and new luxury hotels.
WTA’s 2012 Grand Tour includes regional legs in Dubai (Middle East Ceremony), Turks & Caicos (Caribbean & The Americas Ceremony), Nairobi, Kenya (Africa & Indian Ocean Ceremony), The Algarve, Portugal (Europe Ceremony) and Singapore (Asia & Australasia Ceremony). The winners of these regional heats will progress to the Grand Final, which will take place at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India in December.
The full list of nominees is available at www.worldtravelawards.com/nominees2012-10 - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard