Gulf Air Facebook page back
Manama, April 9, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has announced that the airline's official Facebook page is back after being hacked.
"You can continue to communicate with us as usual and also receive new posts and updates about our latest products, services and offers," said a message to customers.
Earlier, Gulf Air had notified its customers and passengers that the Facebook page was hacked early this morning.
'Right now, the page is not under our control, so kindly ignore any messages, videos or pictures that may be posted,' said an email sent by the airline to its customers.
It also said: 'Gulf Air’s Facebook page is purely a social media channel to interact with its customers and fans. As such, the airline does not support the acts of those who have hacked the page to use it for political purposes.
'Gulf Air representatives are investigating the matter and are working with law enforcement agencies to prosecute those involved. A complaint has already been lodged with the Internet crimes division at the Ministry of Interior,' it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand